Friday, August 15, 2008

Big Transitions

These past 2 weeks have been full of big changes. I went to orientation and during that time, most of the JVs left as did Meghan. When I got back on Sunday, I had two new roommates and most of the other people I knew were gone. I was thinking that staying on for a second year would be easier than getting another job in a different location. I think that in many ways, it is easier but the change in community and surroundings is making the transition much harder. It's been interesting getting settled with my new roommates but I think that it will be a great year, I just need to be more open to changes. Yesterday, I dropped Sean (one of the JVs and my boyfriend) off at the train station to go back to Ohio. It was a very emotional day, especially because I haven't gotten much sleep in the past week or so, and it made me think about all the recent changes and acknowledge that they were upsetting me. After doing that and getting a good night's sleep last night, I am doing much better this morning and more prepared to deal with this transition.

No comments: